Simon Murfitt is a Senior Finance Lawyer with extensive experience in national, European and international trade and finance transactions across a wide asset class. Particular areas of focus are general corporate banking (both secured and unsecured), aviation (commercial and private), equipment, rail (passenger and cargo) and shipping (commercial and high wealth).
Simon routinely acts for all interested stakeholders in these transactions having spent both time house and working internationally in Southeast Asia, Europe and the Middle East in particular.
Simon’s recent practice includes representing organisations and private individuals in the following areas:-
• Aviation, finance, sale and purchase, chartering and registration;
• Equipment, financing, hire purchase and lease back schemes;
• General Corporate, Investment and Private Wealth Banking;
• Inter-creditor arrangements including standstill and work out agreements;
• LNG, Oil & Gas and other energy development and offtake arrangements;
• Project finance and renewable, offshore and solar; and
• Shipping, commercial and leisure.
Simon joins MBC having previously been a partner in the finance and international trade group with City firm, Thomas Cooper LLP. Prior to that role, Simon worked in house for Barclays as the senior legal counsel for the aviation and marine departments, which had a combined loan book in excess of GBP500 million and a very varied international client base. Simon has also worked with Clifford Chance, Mayer Brown JSM and Linklaters in a variety of roles and countries including Hong Kong, Japan, the PRC, Kuwait, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam and South Korea.
Having originally qualifying in Scotland, Simon further qualified to practice in Scotland and England & Wales and registered to practice in Hong Kong and the Isle of Man.
Simon joined My Business Counsel in 2016.