We know commercial leases can be complicated and expensive undertakings. That’s why we ensure that nothing is left to chance when it comes to documentation. If you’re looking for a real estate lawyers with experience of working with complex leases and is focused on the bottom line, you’ve come to the right place.Commercial Lease Legal Issues
Our solicitors act for landlords or tenants, delivering a wide range of services in the legal area of commercial leases. They will:
- Deal with rent deposit deeds that provide security to the landlord in the event of a tenant’s insolvency.
- Organise property surveys and land searches.
- Negotiate the terms of a new commercial lease.
- Negotiate the terms of the renewal of a commercial lease.
- Arrange variations on a lease.
- Explain all the key points so that you are fully informed about the contract you are signing.
- Search for hidden problems in a lease contract that could cause costly problems at a later date.
- Suggest alternative wording if you’re not happy with any of the terms in the contract.
- Negotiate on behalf of landlords or tenants in the event of a dispute.
- Negotiate the terms of the contract. If it contains something that you do not want to sign up to, we’ll make sure you don’t have to, or suggest an alternative.
- Advise on the landlord’s and tenants responsibilities in matters such as health and safety and maintenance of the property.
- Give advice on sublettings.
We’re a law firm with offices in London, Leeds and Birmingham. Our lawyers are based throughout Britain, so they can come to your offices, wherever you are.
When you contact us, we’ll discuss with you whether our commercial property lawyer will work in house along with your own legal team or management team. This can be advantageous as it gives the solicitor an overview of your company and helps us get to know your business well.
If you’re an individual or a small business, working from our own offices will most likely be the option we suggest: that can be for a short, one-off job or on a more long-term basis. Our costs are reasonable and we can work to a monthly budget for the in-house option to help your business manage its outgoings.