Knowledge Management | Know-How Consultancy
Both law firms and in-house legal teams can benefit greatly from formal knowledge management (KM). KM is essential if an organisation is to transform the knowledge embedded in its individuals and systems into a business development asset that can be used to enhance client and in-house relationships and drive profitability and growth.
KM encompasses all forms of know-how and knowledge sharing. My Business Counsel’s Legal Department Consultancy can work with you to get as creative as you wish. Precedent documentation is a useful starting point but, in addition, your legal department may benefit from guidance notes; transaction toolkits; well-ordered and maintained experts lists; effective use of your organisation’s intranet, including a staff directory forming a comprehensive internal directory of expertise; and increased use of social media, such as blogs and wikis.
What are the benefits of good KM?
Effective KM will:
- Prevent reinvention of the wheel
- Provide employees with access to quality standard documentation
- Allow for safer and more frequent work delegation
- Ensure employees are kept up to date on developments in the law
At My Business Counsel, we have experienced know-how lawyers who will work closely with both your legal department and your wider organisation in order to explore new and potentially more efficient ways of working.
- You have control of the scope of the work, whether that is a particular project or a fixed period of time
- In turn, as we will agree a fee with you, you have control over your costs
- You can set the deadlines
- You do not have any obligations regarding employee benefits