Adam Lee is a highly experienced Senior Legal Counsel/Solicitor.
Adam’s main area of speciality lies within the field of insurance and reinsurance. However, having spent 5 years working in private practice for a leading London City law firm and then 9 years working as an in-house lawyer for one of the world’s leading insurance companies. Adam also has extensive experience of advising on a broad range of legal, corporate and commercial matters.
Adam’s in-house experience means that he truly understands the demands and expectations which modern businesses place upon both their internal and external legal advisors. Accordingly, Adam is able to work closely with the client to effectively and efficiently manage its in-house legal function (for those clients who do not presently possess their own in-house legal capability) or to seamlessly integrate within the client’s existing legal team in order to provide additional support as and where necessary.
Adam joined My Business Counsel in 2015. Prior to that Adam worked for Global Aerospace Underwriting Managers Limited and Holman Fenwick & Willan.
Adam is available to advise upon all manner of insurance and reinsurance related issues faced by private individuals, insured corporations, insurance companies and insurance brokers. In addition, Adam is also available to assist with a wide range of general legal, corporate and commercial matters which modern businesses face today.
Here are a few examples of matters in relation to which Adam has experience and is able to assist:
Insurance/Reinsurance Related Matters
- Advising on and proactively managing all levels of insurance and reinsurance related claims, coverage disputes and associated domestic and international litigation or arbitration;
- Advising on and assisting with the development of insurance/reinsurance policy wordings; and
- Providing advice and guidance to underwriters, claims adjusters, brokers and senior management on legal and regulatory issues facing the insurance industry (including advising on the applicability of international sanctions and trade embargoes).
General Business Matters
- Advising on and proactively managing large, complex domestic and international litigation and arbitration brought by or against the company;
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating a wide range of corporate and commercial agreements (e.g. settlement agreements, non-disclosure agreements, terms of business agreements, IT agreements, consultancy agreements, service provider agreements, pool agreements etc);
- Advising on and assisting in the development of internal “best practice” guidelines and policies (e.g. anti-money laundering, anti-bribery, conflicts of interest, confidentiality, data protection, claims manual etc.);
- Advising on and managing corporate debt recovery;
- Instructing, liaising and managing external lawyers in the UK and abroad;
- Assessing and monitoring the cost, efficiency and standards of external legal service providers and negotiating suitable alternative fee arrangements; and
- Generally assisting management on all issues relating to the day-to-day operation of the business.