Women Lawyers Division Returner Course
|Date:||Friday 21st October 2016 – Saturday 22nd October 2016||Cost:||£350|
|Address:||Milton Hill House, Milton Hill, Steventon, Oxfordshire, OX13 6AF|
Click to register.
The Law Society’s Women Lawyers Division are delivering a two-day course which intends to provide returning solicitors, men and women, with the tools they require to enable them to return to the profession after a career break; My Business Counsel shall be presenting upon the different career options within the legal profession and that there is no need to return to the daunting world of private practice. There shall also be an introduction to our well publicised recruitment campaign – Law My Way.
• The challenges of returning to the work place in a recession
• Helpful tips on CV preparation, covering letter and interview techniques
• A CV clinic where you will be offered a free 30 minute session with a qualified solicitor who will review your CV
• Available career options
• Self-assessment workshops to help raise your confidence to ensure you are better able to compete with those currently in the profession, those returning to the profession and those entering the profession for the first time following qualification
• Crash course on social media to bring you up to date on the recent changes
• The professional requirements for a returner by way of a brief update on the rules of professional conduct.
The main object of the course is to give you;
• A general overview of the current job market
• To provide an insight into the way potential employers are likely to view you
• The sorts of positions you could realistically hope to obtain
• The realities of persuading someone to take you on
• What you can do yourself to help prepare.
Who should attend?
This event is for men and women who have been on a career break for any reason or who are seeking to reintegrate themselves into their former position or a new position within the law.