Save the Date!
|Date:||31st March 2017||Cost:||from £4.00|
|Address:||Milton Hill House, Milton Hill, Steventon, Oxfordshire, OX13 6AF|
The Women Lawyers Division – Returner Course
My Business Counsel are delighted to be invited back to the Women Lawyers Division Returners Course. The event will be held on the 31st March at the Milton Hall Hotel, Oxfordshire.
This session will be focused upon the topic of ‘Career Options’. Therefore, we will be presenting upon the advantages of working within a consultancy based model and shall be informing delegates of our recruitment campaign, Law My Way (www.lawmyway.co.uk).
The Law Society’s Women Lawyers Division will deliver a two-day course which intends to provide returning solicitors, men and women, with the tools they require to enable them to return to the profession after a career break; My Business Counsel shall be presenting upon the variety career options available and will be highlighting the alternative to returning to the daunting world of private practice.
The event will cover:-
• The challenges of returning to the work place in a recession
• Helpful tips on CV preparation, drafting a covering letter and interview techniques
• CV clinic where you will be offered a free 30 minute session with a qualified solicitor who will review your CV
• Available career options
• Self-assessment workshops to help raise your confidence to ensure you are better able to compete with those currently in the profession, those returning to the profession and those entering the profession for the first time following qualification
• Crash course on social media to bring you up to date on the recent changes
• The professional requirements for a returner by way of a brief update on the rules of professional conduct.
The main object of the course is to give you;
• A general overview of the current job market
• To provide an insight into the way potential employers are likely to view you
• The sorts of positions you could realistically hope to obtain
• The realities of persuading someone to take you on
• What you can do for yourself to help prepare.
Who should attend?
This event is offered to men and women who have been on a career break for any reason or who are seeking to reintegrate themselves into their former position or a new position within the law.
Further details of this event, including details on how to book your place, will be posted closer to the date.